- Registering your baby with Medi-Cal Access Infant Program
- Change your address
- If you get other insurance
- Transfering Health Plans
- How long can you be enrolled in AIM?
- Eligibility Appeals
- Health Plan’s Dispute Resolution Process
- The Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB) Benefits Appeal Process
- Notice of Privacy Practices
This program is administered
by the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
Notifying AIM when your Pregnancy has Ended
Within 30 days, you must notify the AIM Program of the date that your pregnancy ended. You may send a letter or use the Early End of Pregnancy Form inform AIM that your pregnancy has ended.
Mail or fax your letter to:
P.O. Box 15559
Sacramento, CA 95852-0559
If you would like to request a form or have questions regarding your AIM coverage, please call the AIM Program Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., or on Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at 1-800-433-2611.
How You May Be Disenrolled
You will be disenrolled if:
- You write to the AIM Program and ask that your coverage be cancelled. If you ask on or after your first day you are enrolled in AIM, you will still have to pay the 1.5% cost.
- You no longer live in California. You must write to the AIM Program within 30 days to notify them of this move.
- You commit fraud against the AIM Program. This includes giving false information on your application.
- You are no longer pregnant on your start date of coverage. Your AIM coverage will not begin. You must notify AIM within 30 days after the end of your pregnancy. If notification to the program is received after the start date of coverage, documentation by a licensed or certified health care professional must be submitted indicating the date your pregnancy ended. You may use the Early End of Pregnancy Form. The AIM Program cannot cover any medical services you receive if you are no longer pregnant before your start date of coverage in AIM.
- You will be disenrolled the last day of the month in which the 60th day following the end of the pregnancy occurs. You must notify the AIM Program within 30 days after your pregnancy ends. The AIM Program cannot cover any medical services you receive if you are no longer pregnant before your start date of coverage in AIM.
The AIM Program will inform you of the disenrollment and the reason. If you are disenrolled for reasons 1-3 above, your AIM coverage will end at the end of the calendar month in which the request was received or at the end of a future calendar month as requested. You are still responsible for paying all of your cost if you are disenrolled for reasons 1, 2, 3, and 5 above. Once you are disenrolled from the AIM Program, you cannot reenroll for the same pregnancy.