- Register your baby with Healthy Families
- Change your address
- If you get other insurance
- Transfering Health Plans
- How long can you be enrolled in AIM?
- Eligibility Appeals
- Health Plan’s Dispute Resolution Process
- The Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB) Benefits Appeal Process
- Notice of Privacy Practices
This program is administered
by the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
The Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB) Benefits Appeal Process
You should first attempt to resolve disputes with the plan according to its established policies and procedures. If you are dissatisfied with the resolution of your grievance you can appeal to the California Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
The appeal must be submitted to MRMIB in writing within sixty (60) calendar days following the Plan’s decision. The appeal must include the following:
- A copy of any decision being appealed or a written statement of the action or failure to act being appealed;
- A statement specifically describing the issue you are disputing;
- A statement of the resolution you are requesting; and
- Any other relevant information you would like to include.
Appeals that do not include the above information will be returned. You may resubmit the complete appeal within the sixty (60) calendar days from the plan’s denial or within twenty (20) calendar days of the receipt of the returned appeal, whichever is later. Mail or FAX your appeal to:
Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board
P.O. Box 2769
Sacramento, CA 95812-2769
Phone: (916) 324-4695
FAX: (916) 327-9661