- Registering your baby with Medi-Cal Access Infant Program
- Change your address
- If you get other insurance
- Transfering Health Plans
- How long can you be enrolled in AIM?
- Eligibility Appeals
- Health Plan’s Dispute Resolution Process
- The Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB) Benefits Appeal Process
- Notice of Privacy Practices
This program is administered
by the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
Are you pregnant with no insurance coverage? We have immediate coverage options for you!
(Posted on 10/10/13)
Medi-Cal Coverage For Pregnant Women
Pregnant women with low income can apply for Medi-Cal and, if eligible, get coverage back to the date of application.
To apply now, go to this website: www.benefitscal.org. Or call toll free at 1-800-824-0088. Or contact your county social services office by phone or in person.
Pregnant women can also apply through their provider for Medi-Cal Presumptive Eligibility (PE) for Pregnant Women which provides immediate, no-cost pregnancy-related care to low-income pregnant women while your application is evaluated for ongoing Medi-Cal. PE for pregnant women offers coverage for specific ambulatory (walk-in), pregnancy related care, some lab tests and prescription drugs for conditions related to pregnancy. PE for pregnant women is a temporary Medi-Cal Program. For ongoing coverage, pregnant women can submit a full application during the PE period by mail, phone, online or in-person at the local county social services agency.
Ask your provider if he/she offers PE coverage and how to apply. PE Providers for pregnant women include physicians, certified family nurse practitioners, clinics, certified midwives, and hospital outpatient clinics. The PE Provider determines if you are eligible for the PE program.
For more information, you may also contact the perinatal coordinator at your county health department, who has a list of PE providers in your area, or contact the state’s PE Support toll-free at 1-800-824-0088, or go to the Medi-Cal PE for Pregnant Women website at: http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/services/medi-cal/eligibility/Pages/PE.aspx
Access For Infants And Mothers Program
The Access for Infants and Mothers (AIM) Program provides low cost affordable health coverage for middle-income pregnant women. Coverage under the AIM Program costs only 1.5% of your adjusted net annual income and is billed to you over a 12 month period.
AIM provides affordable health care coverage for pregnant women who:
- Do not have health insurance OR have private insurance with a maternity-only deductible or copayment greater than $500; and,
- Are not eligible for no-cost Medi-Cal or Medicare Part A and Part B; and,
- Have family household income above no-cost Medi-Cal; and,
- Are less than 30 weeks pregnant.