Health Plan Descriptions
- Anthem Blue Cross of California Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO)
- Anthem Blue Cross of California Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
- CenCal Health’s Medi-Cal Access Program
- Central California Alliance for Health MCAP Program
- Health Plan of San Joaquin
- Kaiser Permanente Northern California
- Kaiser Permanente Southern California
- Ventura County Health Care Plan HMO
- Health Plans Available in Each County
This program is administered
by the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS).
Anthem Blue Cross of California
Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
Customer Service Number: 1-877-687-0549,
TDD: 1-888-757-6034 (English and Spanish)
Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Who Can Join the Anthem Blue Cross HMO Plan
The Anthem Blue Cross HMO Plan is available to MCAP-eligible pregnant women who reside in the counties of: Alameda, Fresno, Kern, Los Angeles (except Catalina Island), Riverside, Sacramento, San Bernardino, San Francisco and Santa Clara.
As a member of the Anthem Blue Cross HMO Plan for MCAP, you have access to an extensive program of quality healthcare. The Anthem Blue Cross HMO Plan for MCAP offers the following benefits:
- Voluntary wellness programs, such as nutritional services and smoking cessation programs.
- Our prenatal program, a voluntary wellness program, is designed to reduce risks to babies by educating expectant mothers and offers you free gifts for participation.
- MedCall® is a toll-free 24-hour nurse help line staffed by registered nurses. (Services include health education, health counseling and access to recorded information on more than 300 health topics including smoking and pregnancy.)
- We have a large selection of Anthem Blue Cross participating pharmacies to choose from (A mail-order prescription drug program is also included for your convenience.)
- You can choose your primary care physician by calling Anthem Blue Cross Customer Service at 1-800-687-0549 when you enroll or once you are accepted into the plan.
The Anthem Blue Cross HMO plan for MCAP offers an extensive network of physicians, hospitals and other health care professionals that you can choose.
Once your MCAP application has been approved and if you live in Fresno, Kern, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, or Santa Clara County, an Anthem Blue Cross Provider Directory will be sent to you so that you can choose providers that are near your home or work.
If you live in Santa Cruz or Ventura County, you may call Anthem Blue Cross customer service at 1-877-687-0549 for participating medical groups in your area.
How the Plan Works
How to Enroll
Simply write, “Anthem Blue Cross HMO Plan” on the “Choice of Health Plan” line on the MCAP application. If you already know which of our primary care physicians you would like to choose, write your choice under the “Choice of Medical Group/Provider” and the provider code in the “Provider Code” box. You must select a location within 30 miles of your home. If you didn’t select a primary care physician, Anthem Blue Cross will assign you one after you are accepted in the Program.
First, if the assigned primary care physician is not the right one for you, please call Anthem Blue Cross Customer Service at 1-877-687-0549 to change to a new provider.
Second, call and make an appointment with your provider as soon as you receive your Anthem Blue Cross I.D. card. Remember, when you are pregnant it is important to begin your health care right away!
Third, call us so we can verify if the hospital where you want to deliver your baby is contracted with us.
If you need to consult a physician, your provider is available by phone 24-hours a day.
As an Anthem Blue Cross HMO member, you are covered in an emergency 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
For more information about the Anthem Blue Cross HMO plan for MCAP, please call 1-800-289-6574. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the Anthem Blue Cross HMO Plan for MCAP.
The information presented on this page is only a summary. For exact terms and conditions, please refer to the Evidence of Coverage booklet for the Anthem Blue Cross HMO Plan for MCAP.