Health Plan Descriptions
- Anthem Blue Cross of California Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO)
- Anthem Blue Cross of California Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
- CenCal Health's Santa Barbara Prenatal Plus 2
- Central California Alliance for Health AIM Program
- Contra Costa Health Plan
- Health Plan of San Joaquin
- Kaiser Permanente Northern California
- Kaiser Permanente Southern California
- Ventura County Health Care Plan
- Health Plans Available in Each County
This program is administered
by the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
CenCal Health's Santa Barbara Prenatal Plus 2
CenCal Health’s AIM Program
Customer Service Call Center: Toll free 1-877-814-1861
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday- Friday
Who can join CenCal Health's Santa Barbara Prenatal Plus 2
If you live in Santa Barbara County, and are an AIM eligible pregnant woman, you can become a member of Santa Barbara Prenatal Plus 2, a program serving all communities in Santa Barbara County.
Women enrolled in Santa Barbara Prenatal Plus 2 will benefit from an established network of health professionals, including doctors, hospitals and pharmacies within Santa Barbara County. We are a local organization, with our headquarters in Goleta. Created in 1983, we arrange and pay for health care services in Santa Barbara County. You can trust our dedicated staff.
As a member of Santa Barbara Prenatal Plus 2, you will receive these special benefits free of charge:
- A visit by a licensed nurse-after you return home-to see how you are doing and answer any questions you may have.
- Nutrition counseling, because good health during your pregnancy will make it more likely that you will have a healthy baby.
- A lactation specialist, if needed, who can help you learn how to avoid breast feeding problems if you choose to breast feed your baby.
- Free smoking cessation classes or use of acupuncture for smoking cessation.
Santa Barbara Prenatal Plus 2 offers a comprehensive provider network in Santa Barbara County including Obstetricians/Gynecologists (OB/GYN), hospitals, pharmacies, and a full range of specialty providers to support your health care needs.
How To Enroll
Simply write: “Santa Barbara Prenatal Plus 2” on the “Choice of Health Plan” line on the AIM application.
Once Accepted-Starting Care
Your Heath Plan Card
Once enrolled, and after you have selected an OB/GYN, you will receive an identification card from Santa Barbara Prenatal Plus 2. Present your card whenever you go to your doctor.
Your OB/GYN as your Primary Care Provider
You can choose an OB/GYN for your prenatal care and coordination of all of your other health care needs.
In Case of Emergency
24-hour emergency care is available without prior authorization at all hospital emergency rooms in Santa Barbara County or by dialing "911 ". However, it is very important to first contact your primary care provider (if possible) to make sure he/she can provide guidance and advice.
If You Need Assistance
Just pick up your phone, call toll free 1-877-814-1861 and choose Santa Barbara Prenatal Plus 2. You will speak with a representative who will:
- Explain Santa Barbara Prenatal Plus 2 benefits to you.
- Help you select an OB/GYN from our list of participating providers for your pregnancy.
The information presented here is only a brief summary. For exact terms and conditions, please refer to the Evidence of Coverage booklet for Santa Barbara Prenatal Plus 2.