Health Plan Descriptions
- Anthem Blue Cross of California Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO)
- Anthem Blue Cross of California Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
- CenCal Health's Santa Barbara Prenatal Plus 2
- Central California Alliance for Health AIM Program
- Contra Costa Health Plan
- Health Plan of San Joaquin
- Kaiser Permanente Northern California
- Kaiser Permanente Southern California
- Ventura County Health Care Plan
- Health Plans Available in Each County
This program is administered
by the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
Contra Costa Health Plan
Member Services: 1-877-661-6230 (press 2)
Marketing: (press 6)
595 Center Ave., Ste 100 Martinez, CA 94553 Hours: Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 925-313-6000
Who Can Join Contra Costa Health Plan (CCHP)
CCHP is available to pregnant women living in Contra Costa County who meet AIM eligibility requirements.
Contra Costa Health Plan, founded in 1973, is sponsored by the County of Contra Costa, licensed by the California State Department of Managed Health Care, and is a federally qualified Health Maintenance Organization.
We serve over 80,000 people and meet the highest standards of care.
Our members have the benefts of our:
- Neighborhood Health Centers with extended hours for primary and urgent care services
- Extensive network of private primary care and specialty care physicians in the community
- 24-hour expert Advice Nurse service available 365 days a year
- Worldwide coverage for Emergency services
- Friendly, bilingual Member Services Representatives to help you 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday.
CCHP offers a choice of two "provider networks": The Regional Medical Center Network (RMCN) offers primary care and access to specialty care through eight Health Centers and at the newest hospital in the region, the Contra Costa Regional Medical Center. You would simply select the Health Center most convenient for you, and select a primary doctor and Obsterician/Gynecologist (OB/GYN) who works at that Health Center. They will make sure you get all the preventive care, routine care, and referrals for specialty care that you need.
The other group of providers is the CCHP Community Provider Network (CPN). When selecting a Primary Care Physician from CPN, the OB/GYN provider should also be from this network. Hospital care will be provided through whatever hospital the member’s doctor is contracted with.
How to Enroll
Write "Contra Costa Health Plan" on the "Choice of Health Plan" line in Section 2 of your application. On the next line, please indicate your "Choice of Medical Group/Provider" as either "Regional Medical Center Network" or "Community Provider Network."
Once Accepted - Starting Care
When you are enrolled, CCHP will mail you an Identification Card, Member Handbook, Provider Directory, and Combined Evidence of Coverage & Disclosure Form booklet.
We encourage all new members to call our Member Services Department right away. Our Representatives can help you select a Primary Care Physician, as well as answer any other questions you may have about how to access your plan services.
You can change your primary care doctor or OB/GYN, and even switch to the other provider network, by calling Member Services.
The information presented on this page is only a summary. For specific terms and conditions, please refer to the Evidence of Coverage (EOC) and Disclosure Form for Contra Costa Health Plan.